|Release Date: June, 2014 (Festivals)|
Release Date: February 3rd, 2015 (Digital Retailers)
Running Time: 1 Hour, 24 Minutes
Character: Peter Hammer
Directed By: Nadine Truong
Screenplay By: Jeremy Lin
Produced By: Stephanie Gauger, Yaron Kaplan & Fabienne Wenn
Production Company: Itsy Bitsy Film
Distributed By: Gavitas Ventures
Photo Archive // IMDb // iTunes // Amazon // Wikipedia
Being a teenager is difficult and trying to fit in while navigating the halls of high school is an experience everyone around the world can relate to.
Peter Hammer (Ryan Potter “Supah Ninjas”) moves to Kennedy High School in an upscale neighborhood and meets the microcosm of school on the first day – Artsy Samantha (Vanessa Marano “Switched at Birth,” “Gilmore Girls”), Queen Bee Natalia (Meghan Martin “10 Things I Hate About You,” “Camp Rock”), New Age Spencer (Sterling Beaumon), and hanger-on Andy (Kyle Massey “That’s So Raven,” “Cory in the House”).
These kids are all anxious to graduate, but their uptight teacher, Ms. Ghetty (Margaret Cho “Drop Dead Diva”), throws a curve ball by assigning the class a Senior Project where they must team up and present their work at the end of the year in order to graduate.
These five students – who, are not the best of friends to say the least — have to work together and matters of the heart complicates things. Samantha and Natalia both take a liking to Peter, while Spencer still pines for Natalia.
The vindictive Ms. Ghetty would like nothing more than to see the students fail, and she’s enlisted the help of teacher’s pet, Jill (Lana McKissack “Screwed,” “Four Rooms”), to spy on the new kid. She learns that Peter has been holding a secret that may jeopardize his new friendships as well as their Senior Project. Ultimately, the group must put their differences aside and unite to put one over on Ms. Ghetty and complete their triumphant Senior Project.
- Ryan Potter as Peter Hammer
- Vanessa Marano as Sam
- Meghan Martin as Natalia
- Kyle Massey as Andy
- Sterling Beaumon as Spencer
- Margaret Cho as Ms. Ghetty
View more photos in our Photo Archive!
- Jeremy Lin, who was 16-years-old at the time, launched a Kickstarter page to fund his first film. (Senior Project)
- Jeremy Lin was given the chance to pitch the script in front of Fabienne Wen (Screenwriter and Investor) at a Film Workshop.
- The official trailer was released on May 27, 2014.
- The “Last Day on Set” Behind The Scenes video was released on October 27, 2013.
- This was Ryan’s first film with Itsy Bitsy Film, the second would be Underdog Kids.
- Ryan, later in 2014 (based off Senior Project’s Festival release), would join the Disney Channel family like co-stars Kyle Massey, Meghan Martin & Sterling Beaumon.
- Ryan shares Nickelodeon roots with Margaret Cho & Lana McKissack (who joined the Nickelodeon family in 2019).
- iTunes and Amazon (among other Digital Retailers) made the movie available for sale on February 3rd, 2015.
- Ryan has mentioned this movie was an absolute blast to film and he had so much fun while filming.
- Filming took place from September 28th, 2013 to October 27th, 2013.
- Fans had the opportunity to be in the film.